Senior Servant Keith SavageSenior ServantSenior Servant Keith Savage
Keith Savage has been the Senior Servant of First Baptist Church of Manassas, VA (FBC) since August 2002. FBC is an active, growing, mission-minded, servant Christian community of believers who seek to ‘Move the Kingdom Forward through Faith’ locally, nationally, and internationally for Christ. The church is pursuing campus expansion opportunities on a new 37+ acre site it purchased near its current location for greater growth in worship, discipleship, fellowship, evangelism, and overall ministry. “Bring them in, build them up, teach them how, and send them out.”
Dr. Savage volunteers his time and talents locally, nationally, and worldwide through various ecumenical and social justice organizations. He has been a featured preacher, teacher and speaker locally and internationally. He serves as a volunteer chaplain with various police departments and medical facilities. Dr. Savage is a clergy leader within Virginians Organized for Interfaith Community Engagement (www.voice-iaf.org). He is also a Co-Chair on the Board of Directors of the Metro IAF Community Restoration Fund, LLC. The Fund makes investments in real estate to rebuild neighborhoods and finance affordable homeownership and rental housing in target areas around the United States for development, preservation, and revitalization. He continues to travel the world as an ambassador for Christ.
Dr. Keith Savage is a licensed and ordained Baptist Minister. He has affiliations with the American Baptist Churches, Lott Carey Mission Convention, Baptist General Convention of Virginia, and the Northern Virginia Baptist Association. He is an author who has contributed chapters and articles to various published Christian books and journals.
Dr. Keith Savage is married to the love of his life Bonita and they are the proud parents of two adult children (Keith II and Kayla). He earned his undergraduate degree from Washington University in St. Louis, MO (1987), his Master of Divinity degree from the Samuel DeWitt Proctor of School of Theology, Virginia Union Univ. in Richmond, VA (1998), and his Doctor of Ministry degree from United Theological Seminary, Dayton, OH (2013). Dr. Savage returned to United Theological Seminary in 2014 and served as a Mentor/Instructor for the Prophetic Preaching and Praxis cohort.
Most importantly, Dr. Keith Savage is a redeemed child of God, a disciple and friend of Jesus Christ, saved by grace, and called according to Lord’s will to preach, teach, and live out the Good News of Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior.
Isaiah 62:1 NIV – For Zion’s sake, I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem’s sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch.
Reverand Art JacksonFamily Life Ministries PastorReverand Art Jackson
The Family Life Ministries Pastor shall have a vision to oversee the church’s Family Life umbrella of ministries that reaches out its shared faith and caring through congregational opportunities to connect and impact the generations and communities surrounding and beyond.
Within the Family Life Ministries, the Family Life Ministries Pastor’s (FLP) responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish ministries, as needed, to provide operational support and meet established Family Life Ministry goals. The Family Life Ministries will function as small group fellowships for all ministry participants, making them become support groups as well as a working units.
- The FLP advocates for holistic family ministry, realizing that congregations are essentially clusters of households (couples, single adults, single parents, young adults, mature adults); people trying to live out their faith together. It is your responsibility to help the Senior Pastor and church body keep in view the relational needs of the members of the church and make family life a real priority in all that the church does.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to survey and identify the needs of the church family: couples, single adults, single parents, adults, senior saints, and finding topics or activities of interest in the administration of Family Life ministry.
- Leading in the design and implementation of the church’s Family Life ministries programs.
- Develop, refine, and communicate the vision and values of congregational and global Family Life Ministries.
- Giving counsel to present and potential Family Life partners.
- Developing a year-round program of Family Life awareness and education into the life of the church.
- Overseeing the development of Family Life ministry events, such as Ministry Fair, Community Festival, Couple’s, Men’s and Women’s Retreats, War Room Prayer services, SERVE 1000 project, etc.
- Encouraging persons to be involved in Family Life projects within the community as well as worldwide.
- Encouraging teachers and other leaders to use materials interpreting Family Life emphasis.
- Recommending, developing, and overseeing Family Life Ministries service projects (in conjunction with national, regional, and local mission programs or as a sole church event) involving members of the church.
- Assist the Family Life ministry in the preparation and interpretation of the umbrella and individual ministry budgets.
- Act as a liaison with the greater ecumenical community and between FBC ministries regarding family life related matters.
Reverend Bryan PaigeEvangelism/Communications MinisterReverend Bryan Paige
Evangelism is the movement of spiritual renewal and the proclamation of the Gospel – the Good News of Salvation by grace, mediated through the atoning sacrifice of Christ, received by faith alone, and made manifest in a life of discipleship and holiness. It is the active seeking of both spiritual renewal and personal reform in accordance with the Words of Scripture.
"That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”(Romans 10:9)
With the assistance of Evangelism/Communication ministry teams, the Evangelism/Communications Minister’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Senior Pastor to survey and identify the needs of the church’s evangelistic and communicative resources and opportunities to proclaim the Gospel of God’s salvation through Jesus Christ and its efforts to promote it within and outside the local church.
- Program Development. Oversee the establishment and implementation of evangelistic programming to develop partners for outreach and evangelism. Oversee the implementation of a comprehensive publicity/media plan for church events (special days, revivals, concerts, activities, etc.), including all external communication/media from First Baptist Church to the church family and the community at large.
- Evangelism/Communication Ministry Committees. Establishing, as needed, ministry committees and directors to provide operational support when planning and coordinating special events (retreats, seminars, events, services, etc.) that touch and promote the various ministry goals of evangelism.
- Evangelism/Communication Advocate. Advocating for an awareness of evangelism, improving the understanding of the importance of evangelism and participation as a church-wide ministry endeavor. Implement lifestyle evangelism as a culture of the church at every age level in collaboration with the various church ministries by teaching persons how to reach his/her network of family, friends and contacts.
- Liaison. Acting as a liaison with the greater ecumenical community regarding Outreach and Media policies and programs.
Reverend Darryl BurganMinister of MissionsReverend Darryl Burgan
Reverend Darryl R. Burgan, Sr. serves as the Pastor of Missions. In this capacity, he seeks God’s Will and the direction of the Senior Servant in bringing mission opportunities to the Believers of Christ, to advance the Kingdom of God and in service to the body of Believers.
The Pastor of Missions shall have a vision to oversee the church’s outreach ministry events that reaches out its shared faith and caring through outreach opportunities to connect and impact the generations and communities surrounding and beyond.
Within the Missions Ministry, the Minister of Mission’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Working in collaboration with ministry teams and Christian Education which relate to the administration of Missions.
Leading in the design and implementation of the church’s missions program.
Develop, refine, and communicate the vision and values of Global outreach.
Relating directly to Church supported missionaries, seeking to relate them to the church family and assist in addressing their needs and concerns.
Giving counsel to present and potential missionaries.
Developing a year-round program of missions awareness and education into the life of the church.
Overseeing the development of mission education events, such as School of Missions, a week of Missions, a Family Mission Night, a mission study tour, a mission work project, etc.
Encouraging persons to be involved in mission projects within the community as well as worldwide.
Encouraging teachers and other leaders to use materials interpreting denominational missions and mission emphasis.
Recommending, developing, and overseeing mission service projects (in conjunction with national, regional, and local mission programs or as a sole church event) involving members of the church.
Assist the Missionary ministry in the preparation and interpretation of the Missionary budget.
Act as a liaison with the greater ecumenical community and between FBC ministries regarding mission related matters.
Minister Dr. George DuncanMinister of IT/Media OperationsMinister Dr. George Duncan
Minister George ‘Duke” Duncan, Jr. serves as the Minister of Information Technology and Media Operations (MITMO). In this capacity, he leads FBC’s efforts, through technology and media platforms, to effectively ‘take Jesus to Others.’ Min. Duncan delivered his initial sermon and was licensed to the Gospel Ministry on 19 November 2017 at First Baptist Church of Manassas, Virginia. He is the proud father of one adult daughter, Brianni.
Minister Duncan served his country in the U.S. armed forces, retiring as a Master Sergeant in the U.S. Air Force (20 years). He provided intelligence support, working jointly with U.S. Intelligence agencies. He currently serves as a team lead Cyber Analyst in Chantilly, Virginia.
In May 1996, he graduated with a Bachelor of Computer Science from Park University in Parkville, Missouri. He earned a Master of Information Systems from American University in Washington, D.C. in May 2001 and a Master of Information Assurance from George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia in May 2005. Minister Duncan graduated with a Master of Divinity from Regent University in Virginia Beach, Virginia in December 2016.
Minister of IT/Media Operations - Communications is the platform toward the advancement and conduit of technology to enhance and advance the mission, spiritual renewal, and proclamation of the Gospel by God’s grace, mediated through the atoning sacrifice of Christ Jesus our Lord, received by faith alone. Within the Communications Ministry, the MITMO’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct report directly to and working in collaboration with the Communications Pastor and ministry teams as it relates to the administration of effective church IT and Media Operations.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Communication’s ministry under the supervision of the Communications Pastor.
- Assess, develop, refine, assess and document related processes and procedures to effectively execute and communicate the vision and values of effective Church and ministry marketing.
- Under the direction of the Communications Pastor, establish, as needed, committees and directors to provide operational support when planning and coordinating special events that touch and promote the various ministry goals of the church and special event.
- Give counsel on effective promotion of the church’s brand, message, and ministries.
- Overseeing all aspects of technical production for services of First Baptist Church.
- Develop, recruit, train, and spiritually lead a team of people to execute technology for worship services.
- Assist the Communications Pastor in the preparation and interpretation of the Communications budget.
- Act as a liaison with the greater ecumenical community regarding Church marketing and IT/Media policies and programs.
Brother Jeromie ShouldersMinister of MusicBrother Jeromie Shoulders
Jeromie Shoulders is a native of Atlanta, GA. He accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as his personal Savior at an early age. Jeromie has been involved in music since early childhood where he played in the school orchestra. Growing up, he found delight in playing his grandmother’s very old piano where only a few keys worked.
Jeromie started his music ministry career playing for Mount Carmel Baptist Church in Atlanta, GA where Rev. Timothy Flemming, Sr. is pastor. Over the years, he progressed to the position of Minister of Music, which he held for many churches, including Trinity Missionary Baptist Church in Colorado, Coliseum Park Baptist Church in Texas, and Bright Star Baptist Church in Louisiana. He currently serves as the Minister of Music at First Baptist Church in Manassas where he oversees the music and arts program.
Jeromie is a graduate of Morehouse College with a bachelor of science degree in Chemistry and Mathematics and Texas A&M with a masters of science degree in Statistics.Jeromieis a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Air Force and is stationed at the Pentagon. He is married to the former Carmen Wallace and has five kids: Jordan,JeromieJr., Reagan, Jayden, and Ryan.
Reverend John Mitchell JrYouth PastorReverend John Mitchell Jr
Reverend John H Mitchell Jr is married to Deaconess Desirea Moore Mitchell and they have two beautiful Children Jacqueline and Chloe. Reverend Mitchell is a graduate of Hampton High in 1989, James Madison University in 1993 where he received a B.S. in Public Administration and a minor in Economics. He completed his graduate work at Capital Bible Seminary in Lanham MD were he earned a Masters of Biblical Exposition.
Reverend Mitchell was born again at an early age and was a consistent and active member of First Baptist Church of Hampton where he was called to the ministry and received his license to preach the Gospel in 1996. Reverend Mitchell was ordained at First Baptist Church Manassas in 2005 and has served in the Youth Ministry, Sunday school dept, Vacation Bible School , Children’s Church and Men’s ministry. Reverend Mitchell lives by the mantra “Called, committed and consecrated to the cause of Christ”.
Youth Pastor - The Lord chose to allow humanity to enter into the world as babies who grow up through the joys, struggles, pains, trials and error of adolescence to adulthood. Spiritual maturity begins in our youth who are active and present parts of the church body/family. Jesus makes it clear that our children are special in his eyes. Jesus blessed them as a father would bless his child. If Jesus had such a high regard for all children/youth, we will not do any less.
Our Youth are to be nourished and encouraged in hearing, understanding, serving, praying and obeying the Lord. "Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.” (Psalm 71:17) Our Youth are the church of Tomorrow and key ingredient and present help in the church of Today.
With the assistance of a Youth ministry team, the Youth Pastor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Senior Pastor to survey and identify the needs of the church’s youth and to confirm God’s vision of Youth Ministry, while stimulating an interest and a commitment of church membership to the support and participation in Youth ministry.
- Program Development. Working with Christian affiliations supported by this church to develop and oversee a comprehensive and consistent youth ministry, within the church body and among the community to bring Youth to a ‘Lord and Savior’ relationship and discipleship with Jesus Christ. Developing and implementing programs that attract youth to Christ and promotes spiritual growth, aiming for spiritual edification in all Youth activities.
- Youth Ministry Committees. Establishing, as needed, ministry committees and directors to provide operational support when planning and coordinating special events (retreats, camps, mission projects and trips, etc.) that touch all youth at various levels of spiritual maturity, within the goals of evangelism, worship, fellowship, discipleship and mission.
- Youth Advocate. Advocating for an awareness of youth-related issues, improving the understanding of the importance of youth and their participation church-wide ministry.
- Liaison. Acting as a liaison with the greater ecumenical community regarding Youth matters. Developing healthy relationships with parents/guardians of all youth and providing resources to assist in their growth as Christian parents and to counsel as needed.
Reverend Kenneth Nixon JrOutreach PastorReverend Kenneth Nixon Jr
everend Kenneth T. Nixon, Jr. serves as the Outreach Pastor. He is married to the former Amanda Scott and they are the parents of one son – Elijah. Reverend Nixon is a native of North Carolina and an ordained Baptist minister. He gave his life over to Christ at the early age of nine under the leadership of his father in ministry, Pastor Emeritus James H. Bull of the Rising Sun Baptist Church in Baltimore Maryland.
Reverend Nixon received his high school diploma from Osbourn High School in Manassas, Virginia. He attended Northern Virginia Community College, George Mason University and Strayer University. During his academic career Reverend Nixon has earned an Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, a Bachelor’s degree in Crime, Law & Society and a Master’s degree in Human Services. He is currently attending Dallas Theological Seminary pursuing a Master’s in Christian Leadership.
Reverend Nixon is employed by Vector Intelligent Solutions as a Senior Operations Manager in charge of national business analytics and intelligence.
The Outreach Pastor shall have a vision to oversee the church’s outreach ministry events that reaches out its shared faith and caring through outreach opportunities to connect and impact the generations and communities surrounding and beyond.
Within the Outreach Ministry, the Outreach Pastor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading in the design and implementation of the church’s Outreach program.
- Develop, refine, and communicate the vision and values of Christian Outreach.
- Relating directly to Church supported Outreach endeavors, seeking to relate them to the church family and assist in addressing their needs and concerns.
- Giving counsel to present and potential Outreach leaders and partners.
- Developing a year-round program of Outreach into the life of the church.
- Working in cooperation with other church and ministry leaders to implement outreach events and programs. This involves planning, promotion, recruitment and training of ministry partners, delivery and evaluation of the events and programs.
- Overseeing the development of Christian Outreach events as stand-alone events and in partnership within the ministries of the church.
- Encouraging persons to be involved in Outreach pursuits within the community as well as worldwide.
- Encouraging relationships and helping disciples learn to be Christ-like in their relationships within and outside the local church body.
- Recommending, developing, and overseeing Outreach service projects involving members of the church.
- Assist the Outreach ministry in the preparation and interpretation of the Outreach budget.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to survey and identify outreach needs and opportunities for the church family.
- The outreach ministry advocates for holistic outreach practices that involve family, generational, and individual efforts to promote the gospel of Jesus Christ through innovative and traditional means, including human and IT resources.
- Act as a liaison with the greater ecumenical community and between FBC ministries regarding outreach related matters.
Reverend Ralston MitchellChristian Education MinisterReverend Ralston Mitchell
Ralston Mitchell is a licensed minister and professional Systems Engineer. Ralston is married to Kina Mitchell and they are the proud parents of two daughters Kiana and Alana; and one son Ralston Kellen.
Ralston Mitchell is a graduate of Johnson C. Smith University in Charlotte, North Carolina; University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia and Capital Bible Seminary and Graduate School at Lancaster Bible College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, a Master of Science degree in Systems Engineering and a Master of Arts degree in Biblical Studies.
Ralston Mitchell has been a member of First Baptist Church in Manassas since 2000. After mentoring with Pastor Keith A. Savage for a period of two years, Ralston Mitchell delivered his initial sermon and was licensed on July 2, 2006 at First Baptist Church in Manassas, Virginia.
Min. Mitchell first served as the Health and Sports Minister at First Baptist and assists with the Youth ministry, in particular, the High School age kids. He has a passion for working with the youth and making sure that every child has a chance to succeed in life. In 2011, he accepted the call to become the Minister of Christian Education. He is responsible for running the Center for Biblical Studies. He also participates in the following ministries: Music as percussionist for the Voices of Hope choir and coordinates the church’s softball and basketball teams.
Min. Mitchell’s personal theology hangs on the declarations of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, “At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes (Matt 11:25).”
Christian Education Minister - When the family of God strives for excellence in its multi-faceted purpose and programs to bless and benefit adults, young adults, teenagers, youth, children, and all generational, economic and ethnic strata of society, then we truly display the truth of our call of “speaking the truth in love … [and] grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.” (Ephesians 4:15-16 NIV)
The purpose of Christian Education goes far beyond simple instruction, fellowship, and spiritual maturity. Author Sara Covin Juengst in her book, Equipping the Saints, notes, “The purpose of Christian education is not to fill people’s heads with biblical trivia. It is to tell the family story, that story we find in scripture, with such imagination and verve that lives are illuminated and changed. When the story is told in a way that engages people’s lives, community is formed, spiritual growth occurs, and the people are moved to work for social justice and change.”
With the assistance of a Christian Education ministry partnership, the Christian Education Minister’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Visioning for Biblical Knowledge and Practical Application.Establishing and maintaining congregational and community programs of teaching, discipleship, and fellowship that generate practical and Holy Spirit empowered works of service and individual and communal acts of biblical justice and righteousness.
- Program Development. Working with international, national, state, and local Christian affiliations supported by this church in Christian Education for meaningful participation in programs and events.
- Christian Education Ministry Committees. Establishing, as needed, ministry committees and directors to provide operational support.
- Christian Education Advocate. Advocating for an awareness of Christian Education opportunities and avenues for gaining and/or improving personal and communal knowledge of Scripture and its practical application. This is to be accomplished through various biblical studies courses, programs, events, in-house resources, and web-based tools.
- Liaison. Acting as a liaison with the greater ecumenical community regarding Christian Education related matters.
Reverend Dr. Tom AlexanderPastor of Christian Leadership and EducationReverend Dr. Tom Alexander
Reverend Dr. Tom Alexander Jr. serves as the Pastor of Christian Education and Leadership. Dr. Alexander is married to Deaconess Alaisha Alexander, and they have three sons, Jarius, Xavier, and Caleb. He was licensed in 1994 at Kone Missionary Baptist Church in his hometown Brandon, Mississippi. He was ordained in 1997 at Spirit Creek Baptist Church in Augusta, Georgia. He has served in ministry for nearly 23 years in numerous positions to include Pastor to Associate Minister. He has served in various ministries to include Children’s Church, Youth, Evangelism, Outreach and Jail ministries.
Dr. Alexander received his Doctorate in Ministry in Educational Leadership from Virginia Theological Seminary. His doctoral work focused on the transformative work of biblical mentoring in public schools. He holds a Masters in Education from Drury University, a Masters in Military Arts and Science from the United States School of Advanced Military Studies. He earned his Bachelor in Science in Mass Communications from Jackson State University.
Dr. Alexander believes that his gifts of leadership, teaching and preaching can be used to impact the church, the community, and the world. His guiding scripture is Luke 4: 18-19 ``The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.``
Currently, he serves as an English Language Arts teacher at the Grace E. Metz Middle School. Before becoming a teacher, he served 21 years in the United States Army and retired as a Lieutenant Colonel.
The Pastor of Christian Leadership and Education is tasked with the identification, development, and implementation of core curriculum and seminars that encourage and effectively develop clergy and laity in Christian discipleship and leadership. This pastoral staff member is vital in leadership training, teaching, and curriculum development. They are responsible for the effective planning and execution of our Center for Biblical Studies, Sunday School classes, Vacation Bible School, and other areas of teaching ministry.
Within the Christian Education Ministry, the Pastor of Christian Leadership and Education’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working in collaboration with ministry teams and Christian Education which relate to the administration of discipleship and leadership.
- Leading in the design and implementation of the church’s Christian education and leadership program.
- Develop, refine, and communicate the vision and values of Christian leadership and educational discipleship.
- Relating directly to Church supported Christian Education endeavors, seeking to relate them to the church family and assist in addressing their needs and concerns.
- Giving counsel to present and potential educational leaders and teachers.
- Developing a year-round program of Christian leadership and education into the life of the church.
- Overseeing the development of Christian leadership and educational events, such as Sunday School classes, Center for Biblical Studies classes, Leadership seminars, Christian Education week, Vacation Bible School, etc.
- Encouraging persons to be involved in educational pursuits and leadership within the community as well as worldwide.
- Encouraging teachers and other leaders to use materials interpreting Scripture and Christian leadership principles.
- Recommending, developing, and overseeing Christian Education service projects (in conjunction with national, regional, and local programs or as a sole church event) involving members of the church.
- Assist the Christian Education ministry in the preparation and interpretation of the Christian Education budget.
- Act as a liaison with the greater ecumenical community and between FBC ministries regarding education and leadership related matters.