Greetings First Baptist Church Family,
The Nominating Committee’s goal continues to be assurance of a fair, equitable, inclusive, and transparent election process for the selection of FBC Officers. The Committee will conduct voting using a hard-copy ballot process, as in previous years. Since the November 2023 Church Family Meeting is being held via Hybrid (in person & virtual), the Nominating Committee will hold in-person voting at the FBC campus. FBC disciples in good standing will need to stop by the FBC campus, during the designated hours shown below, sign in and vote. The hours available were established with flexibility in mind to allow all FBC disciples an opportunity to participate. We encourage all members to take this opportunity to vote.
Hard copy ballots will be mailed out to FBC Senior Saints that were identified or that requested one.
The Committee will conduct a “BETA TEST” of an electronic ballot with a group of 20-25 members. This TEST will allow us to further pursue the possibilities of a comprehensive Hybrid voting process as it pertains to Officer Elections in the future.
A Sample Ballot will be posted in the daily church email and website for the next four weeks @ fbcmanassas.org.
Voting Dates and Hours:
Sunday 11/05/23 08;30a.m. – 12:30p.m.
Friday 11/10/23 10:00a.m. – 03:00p.m.
Saturday 11/11/23 10:00a.m. – 03:00p.m.
Sunday 11/12/23 08:30a.m. – 12:30p.m.
- Individuals will be requested to provide their name, and verification of active membership will be made using the latest official church roster.
- Active members will be given a ballot to take back to their vehicle for completion.
- Once completed, place the ballot in the sealed envelope (provided) and return it to the Nominating Committee member at the door where the ballot will be placed in a locked box.
- Ballots will be counted the day of the Church Family Meeting 11/18/23 and results announced during the church family meeting which will begin at 3:00p.m.
- There will be no voting or acceptance of ballots on Saturday 11/18/23.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Nominating Committee
Deacon Darryl Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org (703) 909-2231
Andre King: email@example.com/ (703) 975-6682
Kitra Martindavis: firstname.lastname@example.org/ (703) 851-0672